In this blog post we list the top eight reasons for choosing a designer to make your custom engagement ring.
1. Communication – Most important above all, you need to find a designer who will take the time to listen to your needs and wants. If you do not find they see your vision or understand what you want, then walk away.
2. Design – Search out past work and look at the variance in designs from project to project. Ask yourself, are they able to execute my design idea perfectly? You should not have to compromise on the ideal design you wish to have.
3. Proof of Concept – Make sure they agree to send you a rendering or wax model for you to see and inspect before the engagement ring is cast in your chosen metal. This will give you a better idea of how they are doing and if the design process is on course or not.
4. Quality of Work – Ask for pictures or examples of previous work in order to gauge how your ring will come out.
5. Trust – Do your homework, make sure the company is reputable and offers great customer service. Working with difficult companies or personalities can make this process very stressful.
6. Ingredients – What kind of gold or platinum alloys do they offer? Will they match your center diamond with possible smaller side stones?
7. Service – A company that stands behind their product, offers some sort of guarantees and after care is a good company to work with. It shows they are accountable and confident you will love your ring.
8. Certification – The engagement ring MUST come with a third-party independent appraisal. This helps you verify the ring is exactly as advertised. This will also be necessary for insurance purposes.